Become a Homestay Family for SUL Language Schools
We are currently recruiting for host families who welcome our English language students (both adults and juniors) into their homes as part of our Homestay programmes. SUL offers an excellent package of benefits in return for your work in looking after our students and making them feel really welcome in your home.
If you are interested in applying to become a host family with SUL, please complete the enquiry form (opposite) which will automatically email us your details. (It is really useful for us to have your postcode when enquiring).
Please note where our holiday course centres are if you wish to host a student who goes to school every morning. These are; Falmouth, St Austell, Plymouth, Barnstaple, Bristol, Chertsey, Rugby, Edinburgh & Sligo.
If you wish to be an individual homestay family we need families in the South West of England from Swindon to Penzance as well as London and environs.
Benefits of Working With SUL
- SUL offers competitive rates for homestay families.
- We have experienced Local Co-ordinators who are very supportive and ready to help.
- Efficient support and response from SUL head office.
- SUL is a friendly, efficient organisation that cares about its students and what our families think.
- SUL has over 30 years' experience in running English language courses.
- SUL is a member of ABLS (the Association of British Language Schools) and is accredited by The Accreditation Body for Language Services recognised by the British Government.
Host Family Responsibilities
- To provide your language student with a bed of their own and a place to study in a clean and friendly house
- To provide the student with three meals a day including a packed lunch
- To discuss the student's needs with the local co-ordinator prior to his or her arrival
- To have regular contact with the local co-ordinator thereafter
- To help the student become a part of your family and your local community