Terms and Conditions
- Full fees or the deposit of £250 must be paid to us before we can reserve a place or book accommodation.
- All fees must be paid to us 30 days before the course starts.
- Visa students are required to pay a registration fee of £40.
- If full payment has not been received by the course start date, the student will not be admitted to class and will have to leave any accommodation booked through us.
- In the event of circumstances beyond our control, we may change the services offered, including details of locations, courses, facilities and dates of programmes.
- Where the number of students at any level is insufficient to form a viable group, we may provide group lessons at a different time of day or location, or one to one lessons. Alternatives provided will be of equivalent or greater financial value.
- Lessons are held at our school buildings or at alternative premises nearby. There may be occasional closed groups of juniors at some of our schools.
- SUL Language Schools will take all reasonable steps to deliver the services the client has booked. However, if due to circumstances beyond our control this is not possible, we reserve the right to provide alternative services of at least an equivalent standard at no additional costs to the client.
- 3 hour teaching mornings consist of 4 x 45 minute lessons.
- Educational visits and excursions may be changed in the event of bad weather or other circumstances beyond our control.
- All courses are described on our website www.sul-schools.com.
3. Refunds and Cancellation Policy
- More than 30 days before departure, SUL retains 30% of the course fees.
- Between 30 and 21 days before departure, SUL retains 50% of the course fees.
- Between 20 and 8 days before departure SUL retains 75% of the course fees.
- Less than 8 days before departure, SUL retains 100% of the course fees.
- By ‘course fees’ we mean the total quoted price.
- If a visa application is rejected and we are given written evidence at least 8 days before the start of the course, we will refund the fees received in full. With fewer than 8 days’ notice, we charge 2 weeks’ accommodation fees.
- No fees are refunded if a student cancels or curtails their course on or after the start date.
- If a student decides to cut short a course or change from a more expensive course to a cheaper one, there are no refunds.
- A credit on tuition is considered in cases of serious illness or bereavement in the immediate family, providing we receive documentary evidence.
- We may charge a booking amendment fee of £25 if you change the course or accommodation you originally booked.
- A comprehensive travel insurance policy is offered with StudentGuard+ to cover all individual direct bookings with SUL Language Schools (included in course fees). This can be added to group bookings if required. Details of SUL StudentGuard+ Travel Insurance Policy can be found on our website www.sul-schools.com
- You must be in good physical and mental health at the start of your course and we reserve the right to require you to leave any course at your own expense if you fail to declare any material matters relating to your health on your Student Application Form. If we are not informed of a medical condition that affects a student’s ability to participate normally in the course they are attending, we reserve to right to make a charge for additional support.
6. Public Holidays
- There are no lessons on days which are public holidays. Students are offered replacement lessons on other days in the same week.
7. Resolution of Disputes
- If any student is unhappy with any aspect of the course, they should contact the Course Director on site. If they are still not satisfied, they should write to SUL Head Office. We will investigate the complaint if:
- We receive it within 28 days after the end of the course.
- It was given in writing to the Course Director before the student left.
- We have received all fees due.
- Students can also contact our accreditation organisation, ABLS, at www.abls.co.uk
Our company, staff or representatives are not liable:
- For any loss, damage or injury to people or property or as a result of consequential losses, except where we have a liability under UK or Irish law.
- Any activity undertaken during a student’s course at SUL Language Schools is strictly at their own risk and no responsibility will be taken by SUL for injury, damage to or loss of property.
- SUL is an intermediary between its students and travel organisations on the one hand, and homestays or other accommodation providers, and any extracurricular or off-site services on the other. Under no circumstances can SUL be held responsible for any delay, accident or loss which may happen during the student’s stay with the homestay or other accommodation provider, or during any extra-curricular or off-site activity.
- SUL will, however, endeavour to defend the student’s interests in the event of breach of contract on the part of the travel organisation, the homestay or other accommodation provider, or other extracurricular or off-site service.
9. Statutory Rights
- These terms and conditions will be interpreted as per UK law. Our terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under UK law, and do not remove the right to take further action under the UK’s consumer protection laws.
10. Valid Prices
- Our prices stated on our current price list are valid from the 1st of January to the 31st of December of the current year. We reserve the right to unilaterally change prices as a result of governmental regulations, tax increases, exchange rate variations or other events beyond our control.
11. Conduct of Students/Expulsion
- SUL reserves the right to expel any student whose conduct is unsatisfactory at the discretion of the Centre Director, whose decision is final. No fees will be refunded in such cases and any unpaid fees become payable immediately.
- Students who cause damage will have to pay the full cost of replacement or repair.
- Students on junior residential courses will be sent home at their own expense if they drink alcohol, take drugs or are found smoking at any of our centres.
- All students must follow the rules of each course and follow the instructions of SUL employees.
- A damage deposit of £50 must be paid by all students on SUL international courses which will be refunded in full at the end of the course, on the condition that no loss or damage to property has been caused by the student.
- All students are expected to behave in a polite manner and to respect fellow students and staff. The illegal use of drugs and alcohol abuse, or inconsiderate behaviour is unacceptable.
12. Promotional Activity
- SUL Language Schools will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained in our brochures, prices, leaflets and advertising is accurate. We reserve the right to alter or withdraw any facility or amenity or adapt any course without notice if this is necessary.
- SUL Language Schools reserves the right to use photographs and videos of students taken whilst students are participating in one of our courses strictly for publicising our courses and programmes. If parents of any student do not wish their child to be photographed, they are required to inform us in writing, before the start of the course.
- Most photographs used in our publicity of participants on our courses are taken by SUL staff (including Ms Georgina McIntyre and Ms Andrea Varadi) and by other students & staff. A small minority are bought from image banks.
13. Data Protection
- Any information given to SUL may be held on computer and shall be used in accordance with national data protection laws.
14. Travel & Transfers
- Course fees do not include flights or other transport to the centre or school, except where specified. We will offer transfers from your airport of arrival to your accommodation (“Transfers”) subject to the payment of an additional charge. You must indicate whether you wish to reserve a Transfer on your Student Application Form and provide us with full details of your flight and arrival time, at least 7 days before your start date (failure to do so or any extra costs incurred by the Supplier School as a result of incorrect, delayed or inadequate information provided by you or your delayed arrival at the relevant airport may result in your incurring further charges).