Intensive English homestay courses (1:1 & 2:1)
Intensive Homestay Language Courses(1:1 & 2:1) provide our students with a wonderful opportunity to live with their teacher and their family. Students will benefit from one to one teaching and full integration in an English speaking way of life.
There is no better way to make rapid progress in English and get to know another family and another way of life.
Our home stay teaching families are located in South West England from Wiltshire & Gloucestershire, to Somerset & Avon, through to Devon & Cornwall.
Intensive English: Where can I study?
Homestay English language tuition courses are available in the following regions of the UK:
South West England
Our homestay teachers live in the regions around Chippenham, Cirencester, Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Exeter, Plymouth and throughout the county of Cornwall.
South East England
Our homestay teachers live just south of London in or around the towns of Coulsdon, Purley and Woking in Surrey.
Junior intensive English: details
|Size of Course||1:1 or 2:1 in your teacher's home|
|Locations||South London, Wiltshire & Avon, Devon & Cornwall|
|Length of course||7, 14, 21 or 28 days (Saturday start) or other on demand|
|Hours of English||10 or 15 hours per week (or on demand)|
|Type of Course||General English, Exam preparation|
|Age range / teaching ratio||12-17 years|
|Accommodation||Single or twin room shared or en-suite bathrooms|
|Dates||All year on demand|
prices per week
no teaching pw: £504
|South London prices per week||
no teaching £630
2:1 programme available. two students study together in their teacher’s home. Please apply a 20% discount to the 1:1 prices above per student.
|Transfers||Private transfers from £100|
One to one English language teaching
SUL intensive homestay teachers are selected after a personal interview in their homes. Our students benefit from their experience and enthusiasm. All SUL English language teachers are experienced and qualified.
- One of the parents in the host family will be qualified to teach English
- Lessons are formal one to one sessions in the home
- The teacher checks the level and interests of each student and lessons are planned on the basis of this assessment
- The teacher has the support of the SUL academic management team to have the resources they need for each student
- The teacher writes a report which is given at the of the end course with advice for further progression in their studies
Remember our families are picked to ensure you have a great time and that your English really improves. If you are happy then you will be able to learn quickly. So your happiness is our first concern!
Intensive English homestay courses –What is included?
What is included in the price?
SUL's intensive English homestay courses include:
- Full board accommodation
- One to one (or two to one) English language teaching with your host teacher
- Own bedroom or shared with child of same sex and age (please tell us your requirements)
- Ensuite or family bathroom (please tell us your requirements)
- Washing of personal clothes
- 2 -5 hours of one to one English teaching every weekday
- The company (and supervision) of an adult at all times
- Integration into the life of the family
- A variety of activities to introduce the student to the local community and its cultural life